Working with Roomscapes: An Overview of Our Design Process
Roomscapes Cabinetry and Design Center specializes in fine cabinetry, kitchen and bath design and architectural renovations. We collaborate with professional builders, architects, interior designers and homeowners. Whether your style is traditional, transitional or contemporary, our goal is to curate beautiful custom, functional designs unique to each client, while providing a personal process in the design and selection of materials and finishes.
With an expert in-house team of kitchen designers, CAD engineers, draftsmen, craftsmen and installers, we have a vast knowledge of the critical aspects of space planning and the ability to service all facets of design and remodeling.
Our showroom and design center serves as a venue for inspiration with over 12 full-scale room displays in the latest styles, designs and finishes, and a second floor resource room that features an extensive selection of tile, decorative hardware, plumbing and lighting fixtures.
- Step 1; Information Gathering: We begin with an extensive Q&A meeting at our showroom to discuss your wish list and the desired end result of your project.
- Step 2; Home Consultation: Your Roomscapes designer will meet you at your home to do a thorough site evaluation and begin the process of integrating your ‘wish list’ within the architectural layout of your home.
- Step 3; Design Meeting: Next is a meeting with your designer to review one or two layouts and design choices, plus budgetary options and preliminary selections.
- Step 4; Site Assessment: Your designer and our director of operations will review the design concept, building plans and scope of work at your home which allows us to provide accurate pricing and material specifications.
- Step 5; Final Material Selections: With finalized plans in place, you and your designer will make final material selections.
- Step 6; Team Review: Prior to the final presentation of your plans and contract, the entire Roomscapes team, as well as our subcontractors, will meet to review the design, scope of work, and contract to ensure that all facets have been considered and all costs are accurately outlined.
- Step 7; Contract Presentation: In the last step of the planning process, you meet with your designer at our showroom and review the final plans and contract. Let the building begin!
Be our guest in the showroom! Please call or email us to discuss these steps in more detail and start a conversation.
Our Fee Structure
- An initial design consultation at our showroom, or in your home, is complimentary.
- A retainer is taken following “Step 2” as described above.
- A deposit is required upon completion of “Step 6.”
- Subsequent payments, throughout the building phase, follow a standard construction schedule.