Working with Roomscapes: An Overview of Our Design Process
Whether it’s a renovation or a new home, creating a new space as a private sanctuary or gathering place for family and friends is a big undertaking. Not only is it where you prepare meals, it is likely the room in which your family spends much of its time and where you gather with friends. Even with a smaller project, such as remodeling a bathroom or two, creating a walk-in closet or dressing room, or adding built-in shelving and cabinets, embarking on a renovation is not something you and your family will undertake lightly, and neither will the team at our South Shore kitchen and bath design center.
In the more than 40 years Roomscapes Cabinetry and Design Center has been operating, we have partnered with trade professionals and homeowners on thousands of homes, which has allowed us to really fine-tune our process. With such a carefully thought out system in place, one in which we devote significant effort to the early design phase, our clients are ensured of seamless progression from initial meeting to project completion. By asking a lot of questions – the correct questions – as we begin to work with our clients, we ensure the end result is exactly the space of which they’ve always dreamed.
- Step 1; Information Gathering: We begin with an extensive Q&A meeting at our showroom to discuss your wish list and the desired end result of your project.
- Step 2; Home Consultation: Your Roomscapes designer will meet you at your home to do a thorough site evaluation and begin the process of integrating your ‘wish list’ within the architectural layout of your home.
- Step 3; Design Meeting: Next is a meeting with your designer to review one or two layouts and design choices, plus budgetary options and preliminary selections.
- Step 4; Site Assessment: Your designer and our director of operations will review the design concept, building plans and scope of work at your home which allows us to provide accurate pricing and material specifications.
- Step 5; Final Material Selections: With finalized plans in place, you and your designer will make final material selections.
- Step 6; Team Review: Prior to the final presentation of your plans and contract, the entire Roomscapes team, as well as our subcontractors, will meet to review the design, scope of work, and contract to ensure that all facets have been considered and all costs are accurately outlined.
- Step 7; Contract Presentation: In the last step of the planning process, you meet with your designer at our showroom and review the final plans and contract. Let the building begin!
Be our guest in the showroom! Please call or email us to discuss these steps in more detail and start a conversation.
Our Fee Structure
- An initial design consultation at our showroom, or in your home, is complimentary.
- A retainer is taken following “Step 2” as described above.
- A deposit is required upon completion of “Step 6.”
- Subsequent payments, throughout the building phase, follow a standard construction schedule.